Join us our team in Lobitos as an intern.
This position is intended for someone interested in community development and using various creative and educative programs to help children and youth develop their full potential.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in running programs for children and youth through our programme centre(s) (library, yoga, girls clubs) – i.e. reading with kids, facilitating crafts, etc. 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Assist with programme plans & curriculum
- Providing a fun, yet safe and comfortable learning environment for participants
- Assist with reporting of program’s progress and development
- Bilingual (English & intermediate Spanish)
- Able to work independently
- Minimum 12 week commitment (there is some flexibility)
- Must be patient and adaptable
- Must have an interest in community development & working closely with children & their families (in a very small town)
- Must be able to fundraise for personal stipend as position is unpaid
- Must be able to be creative and work with limited resources
What interns will gain
- Spanish language practice
- Lesson planning & programme development experience
- Cultural exchange and new understanding of Peruvian, small town life
- A lot of experience around kids
- Problem solving skills
- Experience living next to some of South America’s best surf waves
- A truly unique experience working on a project that enriches the lives of children in Peru
Start and end dates are flexible, the position is unpaid by the organization however interns may fundraise for their stipends before arriving on site.
Get in touch to find out more.
Send a resume and
brief cover letter to leah@
to apply today!